The town and church of sainte-mère-eglise played a significant part in the World War II Normandy landings because this village stood right in the middle of route N13, which the Germans would have most likely used on any significant counterattack on the troops landing on Utah and Omaha Beaches. In the early morning of 6 June 1944 mixed units of the U.S. 82nd Airborne and U.S. 101st Airborne Divisions occupied the town in Operation Boston, giving it the claim to be one of the first towns liberated in the invasion.
Roof of the main sections lifts off for troops to be placed inside.
The top of the clock tower also is removable to deploy troops.
Made from Laser cut MDF
Easily build with use of PVC wood glue.
28mm models not included shown for scale