As this item is in our offsite warehouse we aim to ship within 2 to 5 days
The Panzerkampfwagen III (SdKfz 141), commonly known as the Panzer III, was a medium tank developed in the 1930s by Germany, and was used extensively in WW2. Production of the Panzer III ceased in 1943.
The Panzerbefehlswagen III command tanks were converted from all versions after the Ausf E (roughly one for twelve.) they were characterized by powerful radios and a new redesigned, roomier turret interior. In early production, it featured a dummy main gun which resembled a 3.7cm gun, and later with a mock 5cm gun instead. The turret was bolted in place and had a distinctive frame antenna on the rear deck.
The Ausf J was the first in the series of command tanks based on the Panzer III to retain the tank’s 5cm KwK L/42 main gun. The lack of anything more potent than a machine gun had been a major drawback in the earlier models. The frame antenna was replaced with a set of star-shaped antenna on the rear engine deck. The Ausf L was armed with the long 5cm KwK 39 L/60 gun.
- Option to build an Ausf E, H, J or L variant
- Open or closed command & crew hatches
- Tank crew figures included
Number of Parts: 159 pieces / 4 sprues. Note: Models supplied unassembled and unpainted