As this item is in our offsite warehouse we aim to ship within 2-5 Days
Fought over the first three days of July in 1863, the battle for Gettysburg proved to be the high tide of the Confederacy and the turning point of the American Civil War. The Confederate army of North Virginia, under General Lee, and fresh from victory over the Union at Chancellorsville, assaulted the Army of the Potomac under Union General Meade at the crossroads town of Gettysburg in the deadliest battle of the entire conflict. The battle ended following the near suicidal attack known as Pickett's Charge which led to the battered rebel army withdrawing from the field. Lee's invasion of the North has been halted.
This box set contains over 2,000 men. Each of the two armies are presented on colour-coded plastic sprues; the push-fit pieces are extremely easy to assemble - enabling you to quickly get to the business of gaming this fascinating era of history on the epic scale it deserves. You’ll also find some MDF scenery to lend your battles extra authenticity.
Epic Battles: American Civil War - Gettysburg Contains:
- Union army (blue plastic) - 8 infantry regiments, 1 Zouave regiment, 1 cavalry regiment, 1 dismounted cavalry regiment, 1 skirmishers regiment, 8 cannon & 8 mounted commanders
- Confederate army (grey plastic) - 8 infantry regiments, 1 Zouave regiment, 1 cavalry regiment, 1 dismounted cavalry regiment, 1 skirmishers regiment, 8 cannon & 8 mounted commanders
- Green plastic bases for all figures
- A5 Black Powder rulebook
- 36-page American Civil War background, scenario and supplemental rule booklet
- Flag sheets for both Union and Confederate forces
- Laser-cut MDF farm building
- Laser-cut MDF Snake fences
- Six D6 dice
Models supplied unassembled and unpainted